Local Economy and Economic Development
- Co-led the development of the Local Living Economy Task Force. This task force provided the Board of Aldermen with a set of economic principles and specific recommendations to increase the economic sustainability and resilience of our community.
- Serve as Board of Aldermen Liaison to the Economic Sustainability Commission, which works to bring locally owned and operated business depth and diversity to Carrboro.
- Focus my efforts on the widening of Carrboro’s tax base, by broadening Carrboro’s Revolving Loan Fund, expanding the arts, and growing Carrboro’s presence and professional services niche in software development and web companies.
- As a member of the Carrboro Farmer’s Market Advisory Board I promote the Market as an key local economy generator and fortifier.
- Advocate and participant in events for the Carrboro Business Alliance and help to promote the "Local Matters" campaign to enhance our hometown sustainability and economic resilience.
- Engage in periodic listening sessions with our local business owners and employees.
- Advocated Advisory Board liaison representation to link the work of the Economic Sustainability Commission, the Planning Board and the
- Arts Commission. The Board of Aldermen approved Advisory Board membership changes to meet this need.
For the Love of Carrboro FaceBook page
Carrboro Farmers Market
Connect with me on Facebook